AetherSX2 is a PS2 console emulator for the Android platform. You can play PS2 games easily using an android smartphone. A BIOS image is required to play games and is not opational. This image should be dumped from your own console, using a homebrew application. So, with the Aether SX2 Apk application, you can easily play Playstation 2 games through Android devices practically and easily.
Aether SX2 – PS2 Emulator Android
January 8, 2022
Aether SX2 APK Best PS2 Emulator for Android
- Free Emulator – A feature that many people might like is that this application can be downloaded for free without paying to be able to access the application like other applications.
- No Ads – You also won’t be bothered by the ads that pop up when playing PS2 games. So that the PS2 playing experience on your Android will not be disturbed.
- Light – This emulator is also claimed to be very light to use. Although to run this application it is recommended to have a Snapdragon 845 chipset and above for maximum performance.
- Open Source – This application is open source. So there is no doubt in this application as befits the controversial DamonPS. This application is considered safe because it is open source.
- Controller Configuration – Another excellent feature of this app is you can customize your controller. So you can play PS2 games safely and comfortably.
Aether SX2 Compatibility
The console is an extremely complex piece of hardware, with many very powerful components, even for today. You need a high end device to achieve good performance.
We recommend at least a Snapdragon 845-equivalent device. This means 4 large cores (Cortex-A75 level). If you only have two big cores (e.g. Snapdragon 700 series SoCs, you should not enable multi-threaded VU, and performance will suffer as a result). Devices with Mali or PowerVR GPUs will run the app, but performance will be lower than Adreno GPUs.
If you want to use the app on a slower device, you can try it, but games will run slow, especially heavier titles. You can try underclocking the CPU by setting the cycle rate to a negative number, and the cycle skip to a positive number in System settings, but this will cause games to lag internally at best, or crash at worst.
Aether SX2 Features
- System simulation
- OpenGL, Vulkan and Software rendering
- Upscaling of games to 1080p and beyond
- Widescreen patches for games without native support
- Save states
- Touchscreen and bluetooth controller support
- Games can be loaded from iso/chd/cso disc images
- Per game settings
WHAT’S NEW For Aether SX2 2022:
- Prevent Vulkan renderer being used on Mali devices.
- Fix OpenGL rendering on Pixel 6 and other newer Mali drivers.
- Implement full FPU mode (needed for NFS Carbon and other games).
- Tiny optimization to VU flags calculation.
- Fix emitting invalid instructions (NFS Carbon, possibly others)
- Switch back to AAudio from oboe.
- Fix crash when activating some overdrives in FFX with the Vulkan renderer.
- Stop audio output on pause (reduce idle battery usage).
- Fix vibrate on touch for dpad.
Improve performance For Aether SX2
- Make sure fastmem is enabled in System settings.
- Enable Multi-Threaded VU1 in System settings. This will cause lower performance if your device does not have at least three “big” CPU cores.
- Use the Vulkan renderer if you have an Adreno GPU. Note that some games will perform better with OpenGL, and may not render correctly with Vulkan. Mali GPUs are not tested with the Vulkan renderer.
- Underclock the emulated CPU by setting the cycle rate to a negative number, and cycle skip to a positive number in System settings.
- For some games, enabling the Preload Textures and GPU Palette conversion options in Graphics settings can improve performance.
- If the game slows down depending on the camera angle, this may be due to GS downloads, which are very slow on mobile GPUs. You can try disabling hardware readbacks in Graphics options, but this may create some glitches in effects.
About Game ROMs and BIOS :
Requires players to bring their own PS2 BIOS image and game ROM image to run the game.Due to legal restrictions, we will not provide any game ROM and BIOS image to players.DamonPS2 emulator can only run PS2 game ROM.
Trademark and intellectual property and gaming entities such as Game ROM, PS2 BIOS, Playstation2, PS2, PSP, PPSSPP etc, belong to Sony and other game manufacturers. The software does not integrate PPSSPP, so it can not run PSP game.
Screenshot on Android
Testing Game “Sengoku Basara 2 Heroes“
Testing Game “Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3“
Testing Game “God Hand“
Testing Game “Downhill Domination“
Video Gameplay on Android
(+)AetherSX2 Pro: Download
PlayStation 2 all BIOS files collection
(+)ALL BIOS: Download
(+)AetherSX2 BIOS (bios only stable): Download
AetherSX2 Pro Latest Version
(+)AetherSX2 (New Version): Download
AetherSX2 Best Settings